Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bretel

Photobucket
Bretel is the first Oi! band from Jakarta, Indonesia that I came upon a few years ago. They are amazing. Bretel formed in 2000 with the first line-up of Eday (vocals/bass), Aziz (guitars/vocals), and QQ (drums). They covered The Oppressed, The Business, and other Oi! and punk bands. They recorded 14 songs in 2002 but didn't release them. In 2005 they recorded 8 more Oi! songs and released the album Working Class Skinhead on WC Recs. Brotherhood is my favorite track off that release. Eday then became the vocalist and they added K-dir on bass. Since several members of the new line-up had a love for skinhead reggae and ska, those influences were added to their music. Bretel then adopted the motto FROM Oi! TO SKINHEAD REGGAE and named their next album after it. The album is split into two sides, with one being more Oi! influenced and one being more reggae influence. Proud is the stand out track to me and I must have listened to it a hundred times by now. If you like the music QQ is a reliable guy and loves trades so contact him.

http://www.myspace.com/bretel69

Line Up
Eday (vocals)
Aziz (guitars/vocals)
QQ (drums)
K-dir (bass)

Discography
Not Released (Insomnia) - 2003
Working Class Skinhead - 2005
From Oi! to Skinhead Reggae - 2006
Compilation One Soul - 2007
Compilation No More Heroes - 2008

I have 3 releases for you guys that I'm putting in one archive. First I have some of the unreleased Insomnia album. I'm missing some tracks from it though. Then I have both of their other albums. If you like this band (and I know you will), please go visit their webpage. There is a new comp out that they are featured on and its not to be missed.

Photobucket

Working Class Skinhead
1 - Brotherhood
2 - Gejolak Negeri
3 - Koruptor
4 - On the Street
5 - Semar Mendem
6 - Skinhead Girl
7 - Ulang Tahun
8 - Working Class

Photobucket
From Oi! To Skinhead Reggae
01 Intro Oi!
02 Indonesiaku
03 Damai
04 I'm Just A Skinhead
05 Pengangguran
06 Oi! Slalu Dihati
07 Tradisi
08 Intro Reggae
09 Proud
10 Alone
11 Got Married
12 Sri Ratna Kusuma Dewi
13 Skinhead Girl
14 Outro

Download

No comments: